Sunday, August 30, 2009

500 Days Of Summer

When I was watching the movie, I kept thinking that both of the characters were like me. I thought about it more, and came to this conclusion: My mind is not unified by a single objective*. This in turn got me thinking about all the other things. Is this normal? Well yes and no. When I look at hardcore Republicans or Democrats, I see people who are willing to label themselves in an attempt not to have to make decisions for themselves. When I look at extremist anything, really, it's the same. Why my mind like this? Possibly growing up in a warzone, or maybe just loving two people who hate eachother can do that to you. When step back and look at myself, I usually see that I'm leaning towards one side on some argument or another. But when I LEAP back, I see that I have never decided outright that one choice in these key arguments is better than the other. I don't really know how to explain it any better, and I didn't plan it out so this is what you get.

Then again, I'm probably not unique.

*I'm really not trying to be proud or anything here. Really. I'm not better than anyone because I'm unique, if in fact I am, which I don't even know. Please don't see me for someone proud.

No comments: